May 22, 2011

Thurs. May 19...Day 3

Day 3

After changing time yesterday, it was harder to get up this morning. They brought our breakfast at 8:00. We could go to breakfast but I like having my coffee in the morning before I get dressed and while I’m doing my morning things (having devostions, writing, etc).

Our days are kind of entering into a routine now. We know the ship better and can make our way around without too much trouble. We know what time we like to eat, walk on the promenade, or just sit and relax and even take naps.

In the morning I went for a walk on the promenade then went up to the Lido deck and enjoyed the sun. Mike and Emily walked and sat on the promenade deck where it is covered. We met back at the dining room for lunch. This time we sat at a table by ourselves. We like that better because we can enjoy our food better.


We enjoyed a looong nap in the afternoon. Time change got to us. I went to a digital workshop. I think the guy that was doing it is payed by WINDOWS. He was very good. He knew how to deal with us « older » people, who don’t know that much about computers. The workshop yesterday was about editing your picutres. And it was followed by another one on « How to put your pictures in your computer. I wasn’t going to stay for that one because I KNOW how to do that. But he showed us other things that are possible to do when you put your pictures on your computer. It was neat. I’m planning on going to another one tomorrow afternoon.


The sea was little rougher today. (No motion sickness, as of yet) The sun was shining and it was still around 75° . When I was sitting up on deck I saw a bird. I don’t know what kind it was. It surprised just surprised me and I didn’t even have time to get my camera out to take a picture. I’d sure like to know what kind it was and how it could fly so far away from land.

The white on the railing is salt that is left from the spray after the water has evaporated .

We didn’t have to dress up for dinner tonight but the food was still excellent. If there is one things I can say about this cruise, they give you plenty to eat. For me what is lacking is something to drink. A one litre bottle of water costs $2.95 and a diet coke is $1.95. Mike and Emily are sharing one can a day. They are on withdrawal. Of course, the reason behind the pricing is that they cater to people who drink cocktails all day long. Some of these people are really wealthy or have saved a lifetime to go on this cruise. Those drinks start at $5.95 for the « drink of the day » !!

Mike and Emily had scallops and clams over noodles. It smelled yummy and Emily said it was !!

We went to another performance after supper. This time it was put on by the show team on the ship. 4 guys and 4 girls. They did a series of songs and dances from Broadway. It was excellent. We didn’t expect it to be that good.

We went for a walk on the promenade and then went to our room. There were our famous chocolates with a note saying that we had to set our clocks again during the night. Oh no, not another hour!!!
Emily also had another critter waiting for her when we got back.
Goodnight from the Atlantic Ocean!!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Interesting....who knew you'd be taking computer classes on your cruise...learn everything you can so you can help me out :) Poor Papa and Emily on their diet coke withdrawl, that can't be fun!!!