May 25, 2012

37 years!!

I've been meaning to write this blog since our anniversary.  Time has a way of slipping by.  It was a good day.  We went out to lunch at a Chinese restaurant.  This was the first time that we had eaten at this particular restaurant.  We haven't found our favorite here in this area yet. 

That evening a young family that had been in our church in Reims, and have since moved to the Paris area, were on their way home from the Normandy beaches.  They stopped in.  It was so much fun to re-connect with them and to meet their little Sally who was born last year.
Papy and Sally
When we knew they were coming I made some brownies to serve with our coffee.  Emily saw the brownies and went and got our (original) cake top and put it on the brownies.  Up until the two years that we were on furlough we had always done this on our anniversary.  I had forgotten the tradition.  I guess that's another reason the Lord gave us Emily. :) 
May 17, 2012 (We haven't changed a bit in 37 years!!)
May 17, 1975 
Our living room clock that we have (only) had for 30 years quit working.  We changed the battery but it just wouldn't work.  We started to looking for a new one and decided to go with something a little fancier than the old one.  We finally found one we like.  It chimes.  The first day every time it chimed, we jumped.  We're getting used to it now. 

We did have a wonderful day and are looking forward to what the Lord has for us in our future years together.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Awww, I'm glad Emily is there to keep up with traditions!!! Love the clock.

Kathy said...

I haven't been able to comment for a while because my computer was acting up and soooo slow. Becky worked on it tonight and now I can read blogs faster and actually comment. Loved that Emily remembered to add that top to the brownies. :)

Thanks for still posting in your blog. I love it.