May 6, 2012

A new president!!

Today was the second tour of the French presidential elections.  We went to vote this afternoon.  It didn't seem as strange this time as it did the first time around.  We been watching the television with all of the "play by play" action.  At 8:00 pm they can finally give the estimation  who is the winner.  It is still only an estimation but if the difference is big enough they are sure of who the winner is.

AND THE WINNER IS:
Drumroll.. . .

François HOLLANDE
He'll be president for the next 5 years.

Tonight we will be doing something different.  One of our supporting churches is starting their missions conference this week.  They are going to call us on Skype.  Fortunately this is one of our Canadian churches so there is only 5 hours time difference.  Because they want Mike to say a few words and then have the opening prayer.  All at past 11:00 pm our time.

Yesterday we spent an hour fixing the web camera so that we knew exactly what lighting to use and how to position the camera to have a good background, etc.  So we're ready.  I'm glad I don't have to talk.  I'd probably yawn in the middle of the prayer.
Talking to the church in Canada (I took the picture later, after writing the above.)


Have a great week.

PS:  Thank you Esther for changing the blog layout.  I really like it!!!

1 comment:

Esther said...

papa, looks like a professional!!!! Hope this new president will be good for France!!! Glad you like the layout, as soon as I saw it, I knew you would like it! I still need to make you a header, just haven't taken the time to do it yet.