Jun 3, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Today was Mother's Day here in France.  It can be either the last Sunday of May or the first Sunday of June depending on when Pentecost is.  This year Pentecost was the last Sunday of May which pushed Mother's Day to today.

Elizabeth had sent me a mother's day gift on the American (and Chileaan) mother's day.  She had seen a box where you can grow your own herbs for cooking.  I wasn't able to get the exact thing but found something similar.  I now have Basil, Thyme and Parsley growing in my kitchen.

A couple of days ago Esther sent me a picture of her kids.  Soo cute.  If you are on fb you can see the picture.

Then today Emily gave me a bouquet of flowers.  She (and Mike) thought that I would be able to bring them with me to the hospital so that I could enjoy them here.  But this hospital does not allow flowers or plants in the room.  So I took a picture and put it on the screen of my computer.  So pretty!!
 I came to the hospital this afternoon and got in my room.  Emily came with Mike to bring me.  We sat in the room watching the Queen's Jubilee on tv.  And having the different preparations that always have to be done before surgery:  blood drawn, questions asked, instructions for tomorrow, etc.  Because the surgery will be at 8:00 tomorrow morning.  I'm so glad that it will be done early!!  I should be back in my room by 1:00.

The telephone number for this room is:  02. 32. 81.10. 78.  Remembering that if you call from the States (not meaning that anybody has to call) you have to add 33 at the beginning and drop the 0.  In other words the number would be 33 232 811 078.

Thank you for your  prayers for me (and Mike and Emily) during these next days and weeks.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!! Love you and praying for you!!!!