Every Sunday we drive 40 minutes towards Paris to a church where Mike is helping out until they can get a pastor. And every Sunday we go by the exit sign for the city of Giverny. This is the city where Claude Monet the famous impressionist painter had his house and where he painted. He built the gardens and then painted them.
Yesterday was a beautiful day. We drove the 35 minutes and then spent about 2 1/2 hours walking around the gardens and the house. It was absolutley beautiful. It was hard at times to get good pictures because there were so many people. I only took 120 pictures. Here are a few of my favorites.
| All different color of irises |
| Rhododendron |
| The water lily pond |
| I wish you could hear the frogs |
| If you click on the picture you can see the Japanese bridge at the other end of the pond |
| A red "flower" among the white ones |
| The Japanese bridge |
| Wisteria above the bridge |
| "Peace" |
| Peonies weren't quite out yet |
| Monet's house |
| A hidden doorway |
| Clematis |
| Patiently waiting while I take another picture |
| Bougainvillaea |
| A kind of geranium (I think) |
| The streetside of Monet's house |
| May 17, 1975 |
| May "17", 2012 |
2 comments:
OH what a great idea to make your anniversary special!!! The garden is absolutely gorgeous, loved all the pictures. Happy Anniversary (early), so happy you started this blog last year!!!! Love you!
The pictures and home were so beautiful, it makes me want to check out one of his books and learn more about him. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. I didn't send you a card, but don't feel bad, I forgot to send Jason a card too and his birthday is today! Oh dear. Love you anyway! I decided I wanted to marry Dan on your wedding day so it is really two celebrations.
Post a Comment