Once we got moved in here, we had to go downtown Rouen and get our licence plates number changed and then get the plates made and put on. DONE!! Our car, for the past 10 years, has had "51" (the department of the Marne) licence plates. Now, she has "76" (the department fo the Seine-Maritime).
A couple of days ago we went to the mayor's office here in town to get our address changed on our identity cards. Another formality. We weren't able to get them done right then and there because we need to have pictures taken. We'll do that after the new year, I think.
The week before Christmas we started putting up the pictures and things on the walls. But since we want to put some up in the hallway, we needed to wall paper it. We found some paper we liked. This is a LONG hallway. There is as much wallspace in the hallway as there is in the living/dining room of this house. The paper went up fairly easy. We were able to get it done in two days. Just in time for a couple of days off for Christmas.
| See the hall wallpaper? |
| Need new family pcitures!! |
We ate it by candlelight (Emily's idea). She had noticed that her ring really shown in the light. So she needed a picture of it. Enjoy!!
On Friday we had an unexpected visitor. I was talking to dad on the phone when our visitor appeared. I told dad that he smiled when I took his picture. Can you see his smile?? :-)
| I'm holding the other end of the board while I took the picture, hoping he didn't decide to run UP the board!! |
We got the ceiling lights put up this past week and tomorrow the curtains are going up. We have found curtains from our previous habitations that we can use. The only curtains that we bought were for my study and for Mike's study. As soon as all of the curtains are up, I'll send "real" pictures of the house.
Have a great week!!
3 comments:
Oh my word...what is that bug?!?!?!? That is scary. you are super brave to have taken a picture of it so close to you!!!
Lovely wallpaper...what is up with all the cords on the floor though?!?! It's neat getting glimpses of the house...can't wait to see each room!
By the way, I'm pretty sure we've had quite a few family pictures taken since the one you have framed was taken...just sayin'!!!!
Tell Emily I love her ring and I'm so glad she likes her new bracelet. Love you!
I am impressed how each picture you post of the house looks more and more like home! Great job to all.
It looks like a lovely place you will certainly enjoy.
I am interested in the name of the bug, too.
At least with your new picture taken, you will look fantastic. :)
It's just an "insy bitsy" spider!! Actually it was huge as you can tell from the pictures!!
Post a Comment