I’m so tired of boxes. It seems like we have been in boxes all our lives. Actually it has only been 6 months. But that is a long time. At least now when we empty a box, the box goes into the trash. This afternoon we took about 35 boxes to the dump. We were going to leave them for the recycling truck but then thought that maybe they wouldn’t appreciate a lot of soggy boxes.
We have been working almost non-stop on getting the house organized the way we want it. We have had a few surprises along the way. We have found that the rooms are too small for the furniture and things that we had planned on putting in them. That means that we have had to change things around and also get rid of some things.
Even though the house is still a mess, we know we are making progress. I have to keep reminding myself that we have only been here a week. Today we got the veranda arranged the way we want the furniture. We still need to use it for storage right now until we get the garage cleaned out.
Mike and Emily got the Christmas tree up on Wednesday. It looks very pretty in our new living room.
Sunday, since we had been able to empty the living room a little bit, I set out about a dozen of my Christmas village houses. They are just on the mantle without any “snow” or lights. When I want to light them I’ll use tea lights. They look nice and it does remind me that it is Christmas.
2 comments:
It's looking good...I see floor, that has to be progress!!!! Keep up the good work. So happy you have Internet again!
I like the window by your dining room table. :)
Merry Christmas!
So glad you have internet again. That was a loooooonnnnggg wait.
Post a Comment