Today we called our internet company again. This time they said there was a problem with the line an inversion or something like that. I never did understand. The fellow that Mike talked to said that we should have internet within three days.
Later on tonight someone else called to say that we had to go with France Telecom (the national French company for landlines) to get a France Telecom number and then we would be able to go with them for internet and telephone the way we have been trying to get it.
Mike called France Telecom and we now have a telephone number. BUT we have to wait for at least five days for it to function. Then we’ll have to sign up again with Dartybox. AND wait again!!
In the meantime we have been able to get lots of work done. Today we finished Mike’s study. Well, almost. We still need to put the molding around the edge of the floor. Mike did the ceiling in my study painted with the second coat today. So we started with the wallpaper in there too. Tomorrow we should finish with that room.
| Mike's study--Before |
| Before |
| Mike's study--After |
| After The door is on now. |
All of the doors are painted and tonight I put the handles back on them after degreasing them. Then I washed all of the light switches. It seems like everything has a layer of grease on it and sometimes even more than one layer.
We’re excited about getting so much done. Last night we started taking the wallpaper off the walls in the dining room. The only problem is that there was no primer put on the walls before the wallpaper AND instead of taking off the old wallpaper before changing it they just papered over top of it. So there are two layers of wallpaper to take off. So much work to do just to get things ready.
I didn't get this sent yesterday. Today we finished my study.
| My study/guest room--before |
| My study--After |
| After |
We still have ten days to work. We’d like to go back to Reims on November 30 to take care of some banking business before the move on December 5.
We think of you all often. And wish we could talk/skype/email/facebook with you all.
Until next time.
3 comments:
WOW...what an amzing difference!!! It's so neat to see pictures of all the hard work you have done. It looks so nice. Can't wait to see the dinning room and living room pictures. I'm sorry those rooms are harder for you :( I sure hope you get internet soon...I miss you so much!!!! Did that guy leave a desk behind?????? Love the pictures!
I just wrote a long response to your blog and then it didn't post. I don't even remember everything I said!
Now that is frustrating, but not as frustrating as not having internet for so long. I guess one good thing about that problem you are having is that it is giving you quality time to work in the home preparing it for your belongings arriving from Reims. It will seem like Christmas to Emily!
You and Mike are doing an amazing job remodeling by yourself. Congrats! You are not afraid to tackle the rooms head on and are so self-sufficient.
I am sorry the former owners left the place in such a mess.
Are Esther and I the only ones who read and comment on this blog? Even if we are, we love it. Keep it up.
Just catching up on your blogs. I wish so much I was there to help you. I've done TONS of wallpaper stripping with my landlords and their new home (built in 1917). Everything looks great! Lots of love!
Post a Comment