As someone reminded me recently, it has been a while since I wrote a blog.
We had a very nice Thanksgiving. It was quiet. Just the three of us or four if you count the cat. But I cooked as if there were going to be a lot more. I put enough "Thanksgiving" in the freezer for another whole meal. And I'm sure there will even be leftovers from that.
 |
| Celery soup |
 |
| YUM!! Turkey, dressing, green beans, sweet potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce, gravy. |
 |
| Lemon Meringue, Pumpkin pies and After Eight SVP! |
Knowing that we had to leave for the weekend and how tired we are on the Monday after traveling we put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.
 |
| Kitty is trying to figure this out! |
 |
| All done! |
 |
| Tree skirt cross stitched in 1995. Tradition!! (as Emily would say) |
 |
| I think she has decided that she likes it. |
Now we have been enjoying the décorations and from time to time the fireplace.
 |
| More tradition--the Christmas village (s). |
 |
My Hershey carolers.
|
 |
| Another tradition--Esther's train made in 1993. |
We have finished our time in Laon. Until the end of February we will be visiting churches in the area and filling in if there are invitations.
2 comments:
Awww, looks like a nice Thanksgiving!!! Those pies look so yummy. We didn't have homemade pies so that is why I'm drooling!!!! Thanks for the tour of the house. I have that same tree skirt...wonder who made it, hahaha!!!! Your Hershy carolers are super cute!
Totally loved your whole blog and pictures. I feel like I visited your home. Thanks for sharing!
I received your Christmas card a few days ago. Thank you so much. Thank you for sending Jon one, too. It is the only Christmas card he received! Very thoughtful of you.
Love you all. Merry Christmas!
Kathy
Post a Comment