Jun 4, 2013

"Week-end des femmes du Sud-Ouest" Southwest (France) ladies' retreat

This past weekend I was in the south of France.  I left on the train on Thursday to Bordeaux.  The trip seemed so easy after having done it in the car a couple of weeks ago.  Very relaxing.  I stayed the night in Bordeaux with one of the missionary families there.  The next morning three of us left for the region of Tarn and Garonne.  It was a beautiful drive even though it was very cloudy.
Eliane, Evelyne, and Sylvia did all of the planning.  Evelyne did the cooking too.

We got there earlier than everyone else because the lady that was driving the car I was in charge and had some preparation to do before everyone else got there.  I had the afternoon free.  I went for a walk around the property.  The roses were beautiful.  Eliane (the director of the retreat) was able to cut some for decorating.  They smelled so good.

The center before it was remodeled
Reheboth Retreat Center



I wish the smell of the roses could be added to the picture.

Table decorations



That Friday night was just a game night while we waited for everyone to get there.  The ones in charge were really disappointed that there weren't more ladies there.  In all there were 13.  But I prefer the smaller groups because you can get to know each other better.

The next morning I started my part.  Did I tell you that I was the speaker??  I did the same studies that I did last year at a ladies' retreat.  4 studies taken from 2 John verse 8.  I had three studies on Saturday.  I thought they went well.  The ladies really seemed interested and participated really good.


The ladies made a special lunch on Saturday.  It was special and very good.

Lydie and Jespère

Esther, Joëlle, Pascale, Lydie

Sylvia and Eliane

Margreet and Evelyne

Monique, Lalao, Chuidiel

On Saturday afternoon we took a drive through the area.  The river is called the Aveyron and it cuts through the gorges.  It is beautiful.  Afterwards Esther (a lady from the church we had been in Mantes) and I walked through the medieval city.  It was really pretty.







Esther







One of the advantages of this retreat center is that the man (caretaker) makes his own bread in an outdoor bread oven that is heated by wood.  He puts the wood in the oven to heat it, pulls out the coals when it is hot enough and baked the bread in the heated oven.
Bread oven


When I went for my walk on Friday afternoon I smelled the bread baking and saw the oven.  That's how I was able to get the pictures.  I just waited there until he came to take the bread out of the oven.  It was delicious too.






YUM!!
Sunday we had the last study, ate lunch all together, cleaned the center.  We were able to get some group pictures.  No one seemed to be in a hurry to go home.  It really was a good weekend.




I stayed overnight again in Bordeaux on Sunday night and got the train home yesterday.  It really is good to be home.



2 comments:

Esther said...

So glad you had such a good retreat! Loved all the pictures but especially the scenery ones...beautiful!

Kathy said...

I have heard you speak. You do an excellent job. So glad you had the opportunity to bless the women with the Word and enjoy walking and nature. Loved the pictures, as always.