May 29, 2013

Anniversary and Mother's Day


May 17, 1975

May 17, 2013
Mike and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary on May 17.  Several years ago we started going to a Chinese restaurant on our anniversary.  In Reims we had our favorite and it was VERY good.  Since moving we have yet to find one that is as good.  Last year the one we went to was all right.  The one this year was better but we'll keep trying.  



Mother's Day here in France was this past Sunday.  I came home on Saturday to flowers that had been delivered to the house.  I was so surprised to get flowers delivered.  But I couldn't figure out who would have sent them.  There was a card and they were from Esther.  That made me cry--surprised tears.    The flowers were beautiful.
 Then on Sunday Emily gave me several gifts.  Here are a few pictures.

A new lounge chair for outside.

Putting it together.


Trying it out.

It works!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

I love you Maman!!

Sunday was also our last Sunday at Mantes.  Next Sunday they will have a new pastor and our new ministry will begin elsewhere.

Mike preaching.

The "crowd".  Actually it was a good group.  Last Sunday there were only 7 of us.

We've had a very cool Spring.  We still have had the heat on almost every day.  The kitty has the best place in the house.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Great pictures! The one you pretend sleeping just made me laugh out loud...so funny! I also love the one you and Emily hugging, very sweet. Glad you had such a good Mother's Day. Love you!

Kathy said...

Did you hear me laugh all the way from Michigan?

Belated Anniversary greetings! I remember that special day very well.