Mar 12, 2013

Trip to the US


Okay!! Okay!!  I've been back in France for two weeks already and I'm just now getting around to write about my trip that took place almost two months ago.  Well here goes:  If you like pictures you'll like this post.

I left for the United States on January 22.  We had snow three days in a row.  So much snow that flights were canceled or late.  Since this was the first time that we had been to the airport from this side of France we decided to get a hotel near the airport.  It was snowing as we drove to the hotel and snowed most of the evening.





Aer Lingus is an Irish airlines.  I actually went through US customs and immigration in Dublin which made arriving in Chicago much easier.  Marc and Esther and Cameron were waiting for me.  I went from snowy weather in Paris to freezing cold in Chicago.
Meeting Cameron
The first couple of days at Esther's were "getting re-acquainted with mamie" days.  I was able to enjoy playing with the kids. 

Puzzles

Games

Legos



Cameron "poking" Keegan in the nose.



Helping Emma with a cross stitch project


I wanted to spend some time with dad while I was in the States.  I asked him if it would be possible for him to drive down to Esther's and pick me up.  Of course, he was more than willing.  While there we traveled some and I was able to see all of my brothers and sisters.  What a special blessing!
Great-grandpa helping Owen and Keegan

Five of his 20 great grandchildren

Four generation

Lunch before heading from Indiana to Michigan
Picture taken in 2011.  I got to see Dan and Kathy but they got the flu so we weren't able to spend much time together.
Ruthie, Tim and Avery, one of their grand daughters, came from Mt. Pleasant and spent the afternoon.
We stopped at John and Jean's for the evening on our way to New York.
We were able to go to prayer meeting with Faith in their church in Sinclairville NY

Dad and I stopped at the Barn Restaurant in Ohio.  But it wasn't the same without Mom, Mike and Emily.

We came back to Esther's a week after dad had picked me up.  We had a wonderful time together.

With Esther's family the day after we arrived back, we were able to visit the Fair Oaks Dairy Farm in Indiana.  It is one of the largest dairy farms in Indiana.  While there we watched the birth of a calf, visited the milking parlor and ate the most delicious Grilled Cheese sandwich.  Dad left right from the dairy.
Mama and baby about 10 minutes after birth

Standing about 45 minutes after birth.

Milking parlor

Fair Oaks Farms

YUM!!

Saying goodbye!

Esther had a couple of projects that she wanted me to help her with.  One was teaching her how to sew.  I brought my sewing machine from dad's.  I helped her make a baby blanket and also a tablecloth.  She was a quick learner.  We also had a couple of days where we did some shopping.

More pictures
Smiles for mamie!!



Fussy baby + dryer =

SLEEP!!  Yep, it really does work!!

New "girl" (as the boys called it)

Yum!!

Banana splits


Emma helping make Cameron's quilt

Haircut time!

Beautiful family!!

Five!!

Smiling at mama!
Keegan's cake that Esther made.

Happy 4th birthday Keegan!!

Emma played an offertory duet with her piano teacher.
And all too soon it was time to leave.




Chicago by night.

Chicago/Lake Michigan coastline

Full moon over Michigan/Lake Michigan coast
Sunrise over Europe

The coast of Ireland

Okay somebody!  Explain to me what the "halo" is.




Coming in to Paris

YES!!!




I had a wonderful time.  But it is good to be home.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

LOVED your blog. Wow, you were very busy at Esther's house. I am sure they missed you before you even got on the plane!

Thanks for posting. Keep it up!