Mar 24, 2013

"Profitable" walk

Mike always laughs at me because I always find money on the ground.  This past week when I went shopping a found 1 €uro on the ground in the parking lot.  I was very happy to find that much.  Usually I find 1 or 2 centime coins, sometimes 5, 10 or 20 centime coins.   This was the first time for a 1€ coin.

Yesterday I went walking around in our little area.  I made a big circle around Le Grand Essart, where we live and Le Petit Essart on the other side of the autoroute.  In all it was a 2 mile walk.   It was beautiful walking weather, warm enough to wear a lightweight jacket but cool enough not to get too hot.

When I got home Mike asked his usual question:  Did you find any money?  Here is the rest of our conversation:
Me:  Yes.
Mike:  How much?
Me:  50.
Mike:  50 €uros ($65.00) ?
Me:  Yep
Mike:  Not really.  I'll settle for 50 centimes.

Then he went into the living room where I had left the 50€ bill that I had found in the mud.  I wish I had a picture of his face when he saw that.    A very "profitable" walk!!
It's real!!

It did wash up very well.


It's Spring!!  At least the calendar tells us it is.  My Spring flowers are starting to show some blooms.  The kitty likes to go out and run around the yard. 


2 comments:

Esther said...

Still can't beleive it!!! Your pictures of your flowers are so pretty!

Kathy said...

That was a fun post to read. Congrats on the profitable walk.