Nov 28, 2012

Ca y est!! (That's it)

The house in Reims no longer belongs to us.  Yesterday we made the trip to Reims and did a few last minute things at the house.  We wanted to clean the refrigerator.  It has been turned off but the door didn't stay open or when the house has been shown people closed the door and some mold had developed.  Mike also needed to get the meter readings to close out all of our accounts with the gas, electric and water.

The young couple who are buying the house came by so that we could show them a few things around the house and also so they could ask their questions.  They are very nice, around 35 years old and have an 8 month old little girl.  They said that they had a "coup de foudre" for the house.  That means they loved it immediately!

From there we went into downtown Reims to the notaire's office (lawyer) and signed the final papers and handed over the keys.  It was really anti-climatic for us.  At one point everyone was talking, except us, and I turned to Mike and said "I want to go home".  We were so relieved that it was all over.

We bought SUBWAY sandwiches to celebrate and went to the hotel where Emily was waiting for us to eat.  Oh were they ever good.

Today, we took our time getting around.  We met our good friends Clare and Linda Baughman at our favorite Chinese restaurant in Reims.  We had a good time with them.  We arrived home around 6:00.

Thank you all for your prayers.

I'm going to keep writing every now and then to keep you all up on what is going on here.  But I must warn you that I can't put anymore pictures on my blog.  I have used up all of the free storage and I'm too cheap to pay money for more.  Until I figure out another way, you will just have to visualize in your mind what I am writing about.

1 comment:

Jonathan Teachout said...

Oh, but Elva, we love pictures!!

Praising God for the sale of your home in Reims.