Nov 1, 2012

A new member in our household

I would like to introduce you to:    PUMPKIN JADE

Emily and I went yesterday and picked her up at a shelter not far from here.  But the story doesn't start there.  Let me tell you the rest of the story.


I was reading the newspaper not long after we moved here and saw a website for a shelter in Elbeuf not too far from here.  Ever since going to the web page I've been thinking about getting a cat from there.

Last week I was talking to Elizabeth, in Chile, on Skype.  I told her about the web page.  She went to it and she and the kids picked out Jade as the kitty we should get.  Interesting, isn't it?  I thought so.


Yesterday I called to see if she was still available.  She was and so Emily and I went and picked her up.


The shelter gave her the name of Jade.  But we decided to call her Pumpkin since we got her in the Fall and on Halloween.  She will have to learn English since we speak both languages in our house. :)   She is already sterilized, registered (tattooed) has all of her vaccinations until July of next year.  We have a month to see if she fits in to our household and then she will be ours.

Her birth date was fixed at May 1, 2011.  They weren't exactly sure of her real birth date but this is the date that the vet fixed.

We will have to get used to having an animal around the house again.  Right now it still seems strange.  We're not sure where she slept last night but I think it may have been in my study.
Checking out the other cat.

She loves to sit on laps.  Which is perfect for us. :)  And she still likes to play.  I fixed a little ball of yarn this morning for her and she has been batting it all around the house.  She also likes to play with clothespins.
Where did she go?

Peek a boo, I see you.



2 comments:

Esther said...

YAY for a kitty!!! She is such a pretty kitty. Looks like she will be a perfect match for you.
Love you!

Kathy said...

Might help Emily adjust, too. :)