Feb 21, 2012

We did it!!

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  Mike and I went for a walk in the afternoon.  We've been wanting to take the path down to Grand-Couronne.  You might ask "But I thought you lived in Grand-Couronne?".  We do.  Our address is Grand-Couronne but we live in Les Essarts which is a commune of Grand-Couronne.  It is hard to explain.  Here they say we live on the plateau.  It is about 3 km, by road, to the city.  And you do have to go down.  There is a large S-curve to get there.  But we took the path down.

From the road it looks like there are steps and we weren't sure that we could do that many steps but in the end we found that it was just a hill.The best way to see it is through the pictures.  Even though they don't really do justice.
At the top looking down.  The road is starting to curve down.

1/3 of the way down (That is not the road on the left)

We can see the end of the path.
We did it!! (I didn't get into the picture in time)
 What goes down MUST go back up.  I have to admit, the "going up" was more work.   Round trip it was 1.5 miles (according to my pedometer).  Something to do again.
The last stretch.

WE DID IT!!

And we're home.
I took pictures of a bus as it went up the S curve just to give you an idea.  It may be a little hard to see.  One of these days I'm going to take pictures from the car.  But it won't be in this blog.

He's between the small trees on the right and a big tree on the left.

See the white between the two trees?                                            


The bus is to the left of the tree in the middle of the picture.  You can just see the top.


                            


                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

2 comments:

Esther said...

It's so nice to see parts of where you live. We need to visit!!!!

Kathy said...

What a lovely walk. Safe. Away from traffic. Woods. Nice path. You and Mike together.

Loved seeing the pictures and hearing about your adventure. Made me think of the Flat River trail walks we enjoyed.

Miss you.