After two weeks of being in the deep freeze we are enjoying our "normal" temperatures like they call them on the weather. The difference between Sunday and Monday is incredible. Overnight our snow started disappearing. But since we had so much, it really took until yesterday for it to really disappear.
 |
| Sunday 12-02-12 |
 |
| Tuesday 14-02-12 |
 |
| Wednesday 15-02-12 |
 |
| Sunday |
 |
| Tuesday |
 |
| Wednesday |
 |
| Sunday |
 |
| Tuesday |
 |
| Wednesday |
Last week we took Emily to her two appointments. One was with a psychiatrist, not a favorite, but one that is required because of her handicap. One thing we discovered is that Emily does not know her address. I never thought about that before. Of course in Reims she knew both address and telephone number but here we haven't taught her that yet.
Her other appointment was for her eyes. She has been complaining about not being able to see. I was afraid that maybe something had gone wrong with the lenses she had implanted after her cataract surgery a couple of years ago. But the eye doctor said everything is fine. He ordered new glasses and also glasses just for reading since she does so much of it. Hopefully these will help her. She has been VERY frustrated because of not being able to see.
We had a frozen water pipe last week. I turned on the hot water faucet in the kitchen and no water came out. There was water in the cold faucet. We worked a little trying to thaw it but then just left it open so that when it thawed the pipe wouldn't burst. We did have hot water in the bathroom which was good. About three days later it started trickling and voilà, everything is back to normal. Another thing to add to our to-do list: Insulate all of the water pipes. We also found out that there is NO water turn off in the house. It is in the yard in the front of the house. Mike went to turn it off and couldn't open the trap because it was frozen shut. Another thing for the list: install inside cut-off.
I'm working on three Bible studies for a ladies' retreat that I will be speaking at the end of April. I would appreciate your prayers for me as I work on that. Thanks.
Have a good rest of the week.
2 comments:
Bye-bye Snow!!! I'm glad it "warmed" back up for you and that your hot water is back as well.
Love you!
Interesting things you learned through both the snow and Emily's appointment. Thanks for sharing your insights on life in your new home and city.
Enjoyed the pictures, too.
Post a Comment