Feb 4, 2012

This and that.

We have kept busy these last two weeks but not with BIG projects like the other weeks.  We have little by little been getting the garage arranged the way we want it.  For right now, it has to be used for storage.  But we have been able to empty about 8 boxes and now the garage doesn't look quite as messy. At least to our eyes.  I'm sure that if you came in and looked around you'd say, "How can they say that this is good?"  Well, compared to what it was, there is a lot of improvement.  We can walk from the front to the back of the garage now.  THAT is an improvement.  I know, I know.  Thre is still a lot of work to be done.  And it will get done, eventually.

Mike spent one morning cleaning up another corner of the yard.  When the movers brought the outdoor furniture in the truck they "dropped" it into a corner of the front yard.  It was put down as they removed it from the truck, but there was no organisation to it.  Mike spent the morning emptying flower pots of all of the water that had collected and sweeping up the dead leaves and branches that had collected.  Then he put everything back in a nice organised way.  It looks so much nicer.
Much nicer
Emily was looking at the pictures of our family reunion that we had in May and decided she wanted her hair cut like it was then.  So last night, we cut her hair.  It turned out really cute.  She hasn't been wearing her glasses because she says she can't see with them.  We have an appointment with the eye doctor this week.  Hopefully they will be able to tell us what the problem is.   She is so frustrated not being able to see to read and watch her films.

We finally got some snow.  Now, you have to remember we're talking about snow in France.  In other words a dusting of snow.  But at least it will be gone in a couple of hours or at the most in a couple of days.  Nothing like the Michigan snow that lasts from January through April.
Oooooh snow!!

Can you see it?
Michigan snow!!!
Have a good Sunday!

3 comments:

Esther said...

hahahaha...I laughed so hard at your snow pictures. The difference is quite noticeable!!!! Very funny. Thanks for the update, I really enjoyed it!

Nancy said...

It looks like you guys have done a lot of work. We haven't had much snow here in Grand Rapids this year. Paul only had to use the snow
blower once so far. Today it was sunny and about 48 degrees. Are you working in a new church plant where you are? Leslie (our oldest) and her husband and family just starting working with a Pastor friend of theirs in starting a new church plant. It seems to be unusual though because they started the church in November and they have an average attendance of 150 people. I know the pastor did a lot of work getting the word out before their first service but I was still amazed at what God has done with their efforts. I pray for you all.

Kathy said...

I wondered what your next project would be. Glad to hear some news from France.

Love to all.

Kathy