Jun 1, 2011

Tue. May 31...Day 15

Day 15 May 31, 2011

 This morning we woke up at 6:00 as we docked in Dover, England. It made the light in the room rattle. I quickly got dressed and went up to the deck just to see. But the docking was already done by the time I got up there. But I did get to see the sun as it rose over the white cliffs of Dover. And it was beautiful.

 What else I saw was another cruise liner coming into the harbor. It was being tugged by two tugboats and finally docked right behind our ship. It was interesting because it got close enough that I could see people on the other ship. The picture of the boat is a true picture, no zoom being used. I actually got prettier pictures of Dover tonight. But you’ll have to wait for the sunset picture to see that.


 In the morning Mike and Emily went and did their exercises in the gym. This time I went up with them and ended up doing some walking on the treadmill. Emily goes on all of the machines and really gives herself a workout. She doesn’t use a whole lot of weight on any of them but she does do them.


We had decided yesterday that we weren’t going to get off of the ship today because we would need to pack and get ready for tomorrow. But it turned out to be a beautiful day and it wasn’t all that hard to get into town. So after we ate lunch, we left Emily in the room and Mike and I went into town. We took a shuttle to the center of town and then walked around. We walked down to the beach area and looked out into the harbor. Then we walked back into town and looked around.



While we walked, it would cloud up and then it would be nice and then it would rain a little and then it would clear up. It was a strange day weather wise. But we enjoyed our afternoon out. We were able to go to McDonald’s and get on internet again.

 We had to wait for the shuttle bus and while we waited I took a few more pictures of the town. It turned out to be a real nice afternoon.

 We went to supper and then for our evening walk around the lower promenade deck. I got our sunset pictures. Then we came back to the stateroom and started the packing. We got the packing all done (12 items of luggage in all) and now we are ready to say:

Good night from the harbor in Dover, England

No comments: