Jun 17, 2011

Emily is 33 !!!

33 years ago today Emily Ruth Farrell came into this world at 6:17 am.  How do I remember that?  It has the same numbers as her birthday does!!   We were surprised, shocked, happy, sad, all kinds of mixed emotions.  She has turned out to be a wonderful young woman that we love very much.

We weren't sure how this birthday was going to be.  With us going back and forth between Reims and Rouen we weren't really in the spirit of a birthday.  I think even Emily had forgotten.  Usually she starts her birthday list right after Christmas.  This time we had to ask her to make a list.  Then of course, the main thing on her list we weren't able to find.  So we had to improvise.
Drool!!

Double drool!!

What is it?

It's a flower light!!

Wii game
For her birthday cake she wanted a strawberry/rhubarbe pie.  Well, wouldn't you know it, the store didn't have any rhubarbe.  I was talking with a friend today and she said that the rhubarbe came around Easter this year.  (The weather has been crazy, it seems!!)  So I ended up making a strawberry cheesecake pie.  It was delicious. 
Happy birthday to you!!

Can you tell how old she it?  (two threes)

I'm glad I didn't put 33 candles on.  It took her three times to blow these out!
One of our projects since coming back to France was to get a Wii.  We had played it at Esther's and really enjoyed it.  Emily can do it without too much problem.  It has an exercise program that even I can do.  This past week we found what we were looking for and got it.   Her favorite things on the wii are basketball, ping pong and golf.  She can do those while sitting on the couch.  (oops, that's not much exercise!!)  

All three of us bowled two games the other night.  It was fun.  Unfortunately we will have to leave it here when we leave tomorrow.  There isn't a television where we are staying  Oh well, she'll enjoy enjoy it when we come back to Reims.

We're getting the suitcases ready to go back to Rouen again.  We'll leave tomorrow after lunch.  Thank you for your prayers for us.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Esther said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!!! I loved all the pictures. So glad you got the Wii, but I did laugh out loud when you said Emily played Wii sitting down...totally defeats the person of getting up and about :) hahahahaha!!!

Farrells three said...

Did you drool??? :)

Esther said...

oh yeah...no fair posting pictures of candy or any type of french food we can't get here!!!!