On Tuesday night we had Bible study and prayer meeting. It was a hard meeting because the missionary was saying one final goodbye to his people. He had to leave before the meeting was over, so we made a circle and several of the men prayed for him as he leaves and for us as we come. It was very difficult. Then he left and Mike had to do the Bible study. People were still crying. As he got into the study the people started to get involved, asking questions or responding to questions or making comments. The meeting ended up going until 9:30 and we didn't get home until 10:00.
We decided to leave around 6:00 on Wednesday morning since we still had so much to do at home. I set the alarm for 5:30 . . .pm. oops!! We woke up around 6:30 and left Rouen a little later. We still got home in time for lunch.
We worked in the yard for the most part that day. We only have a tiny, and when I say tiny, I mean TINY yard. And it was all overgrown. Here are some before pictures.
| The forsythia |
We cut back the forsythia that had taken over half of the yard and pulled up the thistles that were as tall as Emily is. And just generally got things looking nice. We still like to take the power washer to the tiles. But France is in a drought right now and I'm not sure we are allowed to do that. Here are some after pictures.
I had a scare tonight. Yesterday my camera fell off the cupboard onto our tile floor. I didn't look at it then but tonight when I decided to take some pictures of the yard the place where you look to take and view the picture was really dark. But it still took the pictures. Then later when I wanted to look at it again, the screen was ALL dark and I couldn't see anything. I was sure that I had broken my camera. But after shaking it and hitting it (no, not really), and letting it rest (really), I turned it on and it worked. I'm so happy!! Hopefully it will keep working.
By the way, for those that have been following my weight loss progression, I lost .6 pounds while on the cruise (between weigh-in days)!!! I have now reached one of my personal goals and the original goal (lose 40 pounds before my next surgery) is only 2 pounds away. Thank you again for your prayers.
Believe it or not, our suitcases are packed and we will be taking off for Rouen again tomorrow afternoon. Thank you for your prayers, for:
**safety on the roads as we travel
**that we could be a blessing to the people of the church
**that Emily could adjust to being on the road again This seems to be harder on her than all of furlough.
2 comments:
Wow, it really did look like a jungle out there!!!! The after pictures are amazing and really show how much the plants had grown and taken over the yard. Glad you were able to get that taken care of. Praying for you as you go back to Rouen and for the other prayer requests you mentioned.
Thanks!!
Post a Comment