Mike scraped all of the shutters and I washed them. Once they were washed I noticed how dirty the eaves troughs were on the outside (mold, mildew, etc). So I washed them. Under the eaves and the under edge of the roof also needed washed, scraped and re-painted. Then because all of that was clean the windowsills and around the windows needed to be washed. And because all of that was now cleaned and scraped it ALL had to be painted--two times. Like I said a BIG job.
Once we got the house finished we started on the fence wall and the tops of the pillars. There were some plates on the wall that hadn't come off when we had taken the rotten fence rails off. We worked and got those to look nice.
I also painted the step going in the veranda from the house. It looks so much better now.
And while some were working. . .
We had two beautiful weeks to work. When we did have rain it usually came when we needed a break anyway.
| We couldn't reach the corner from the small ladder. This picture was taken after the eaves had been washed but before the first coat. The corner shows how dirty everything was. |
| Mike's study with left volet scraped but right one not done yet. |
| Our room--before |
| My study--scraped and ready for the first coat |
| First coat on the eaves |
| Done! |
| Done! |
| Done! |
| Done! |
| DONE!! |
| Wall--before, even though the top of the pillar already has the first coat |
| Plate 1 |
| Plate 2 |
| Plate 1 came off with several whacks with sledge hammer |
| Plate 2 never would come off. So we broke off the screws and hammered it down to mold the wall. |
| Done! |
| Done! |
I also painted the step going in the veranda from the house. It looks so much better now.
| Done! |
2 comments:
What a difference!!!! I'm sure you are glad it's done...that was a lot of work! Sure looks wonderful though!!!
You both are hard workers. I need motivation and help or a trip to Menards for new shutters. I will try to tackle it next week and send YOU pictures.
Post a Comment