Apr 14, 2014

In and Out

The last month has been a busy one for us.  Living between two houses and cities make for double the work.   We have more or less made a schedule of two weeks in Bar sur Seine, one week (5days) at home.  This gives us time to go through our mail, mow our lawn and take care of business at home.  This saves on traveling back and forth and wear and tear on the car and these old bodies!!

We have had a beautiful spring.

Violets 

Camelia


While in Bar the sun has been beautiful and the temperatures have been warm with a cool breeze.  But with warm weather comes the need to mow the lawn.  Since we have been in France we have always had small yards that we mowed with a small electric mower.  At Pepe's house we use gas mowers.  Mike does the hand mower and I use the riding mower.  Yes!!  The yard is huge!!  It took us two and a half hours the first time we did it.  The second time was less.
Front side yard


To give you an idea of the slant of the yard.  


Side yard

Backyard--  all the way out to the low building in the back.


On April 5th I spoke at a ladies day in Thionville.  I was contacted a couple of months ago and have been working on the studies.  Thionville is about 4 hours from Bar sur Seine.  I drove up on Friday night and stayed overnight with a lady from the church who had been a student at the Bible institute when I was teaching there.  The day started early on Saturday with breakfast.  We had a time of singing and then I had my first study.  Then we went out to a restaurant for lunch and then came back to the church for the afternoon study and a snack time.  There were about 30 ladies there.  It was so nice.  They had the church decorated really nice to go along with the theme of the day.  I drove "home" that night.  A very loooong day but so refreshing.

The pictures were taken by a teenage girl from the church.









We're happy to be home this week before!!

HAPPY!!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Yay a blog!!! That is a lot of lawn!!!! Loved all the flowers, so very pretty!

Kathy said...

I always enjoy listening to you speak, Elva. Inspirational and thoughtful. Sounds like a wonderful day.

Wow, that is a lot of mowing! My sympathies especially on the downhill!

Thanks for updating your blog. I love it!