Jan 6, 2014

Bonne Année 2014

Happy New Year!!  We are adjusting to 2014.  We started the year by going to bed.  Yep!  That's right.  We stayed up to see in the new year and promptly went to bed for the night.

The next morning we had our New Year traditons!  Taking down and putting away the Christmas tree and décorations. Since we didn't get as many decorations out this year the process was a lot easier. 
The Christmas village

Bare tree!

Almost all apart

Will it all fit?  It has for the past 34 years!!


Don't forget the top of the tree!
Everything is in its box.

We were completly finished even the dusting and re-decorating the room were done in time for our second new year tradition:
The New Year's concert live from Vienna Austria. 
 



Beautiful setting!


Violins for my grandsons!



Beautiful flowers!!
The New Year's concert live from Vienna Austria.  They play mostly Strauss' music and we enjoy it every year.  This year was no exception.

Since it is now January 6 we had our third traditon by having our "galette des rois"  Emily got the "fève".  She was more than happy to pose with her crown.

2 comments:

Esther said...

You are killing me with that Galette des rois!!! I can actually taste it even though it has been YEARS since having one!!! Happy New Year!

Kathy said...

What? Esther, you haven't made one of those yet? Your birthday cakes are amazing. Try tackling the Galette des rois.

Once again, Elva, I enjoyed reading your blog of everyday life in your home. I would never have thought to take picture of taking down my tree. I was as happy as you to put it all away and rearrange my living room. I now have a treadmill that I use every day while watching TV. Thanks for the new post. Love you all. KM