Jan 18, 2014

CSI Emily

For Christmas Emily picked out a crime scene investigator kit.  This week she decided that she wanted to do it.  So all week we have done two different investigations.  She has needed a lot of help with it.  But she seems to enjoy it.  She hasn't finished yet but I thought I'd give you an idea of what she has been doing.
CSI Emily with her badge and "work" glasses


Checking out the bugs

Comparing fingerprints.  We each were printed and then she compared to those of the quilty person (Me)

Making Wheel prints to compare and measure.

more prints

Mixing the plaster to mould a footprint in dirt.

Keep stirring.  Can't have any lumps!!

Letting it dry.

Get all the dirt off.

Checking out the other prints that she made in clay (a key and a coin)

Comparing the plaster mould to different shoes.

 
I didn't get a picture of her with the "quilty" shoe.  But she examined the mould and picked out the right shoe!!  

What will she discover next??  CSI Emily to the rescue!!

3 comments:

Esther said...

How fun!!! So glad she found something to interest her. Also so thankful she has awesome parents that help her with her newly found interest. Love you so much and miss you tons.

Kathy said...

Amen to the comment by Esther. So thankful you were part of the investigation. Sounds fun!

Thanks for posting. I check often. :)

Kathy said...

Ok Elva, start thinking of your next blog. It has been almost a month and I'm going into withdrawals. Maybe a Valentine blog would be fun. :)