Sep 30, 2013

Happy 60th to Mike!!

Mike had a good birthday.  Saturday night after we got to Laon, I had Emily color some "60"'s and we got them hung up on the wall downstairs in the church.  Our few decorations turned out really cute.



Between Sunday school and church on Sunday morning we "celebrated" Mike's birthday with the church people.  I had made two angel food cakes and we all enjoyed a piece with coffee and tea.  I couldn't find any matches so we weren't able to light the candle.

After we ate lunch I lit the candle on the gas stove and he was able to blow his candle out.  Emily had brought the gifts with her so he opened his gifts.




As soon as we were done we packed the car and headed home.  3 hours in the car so that we could relax at home was the perfect ending to a good birthday!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Happy Birthday, Papa!!!! Looks like you had a busy but good day. Love the decorations!!! Love you! PS:nice shoes :)

Kathy said...

That was a fun post to read and once again I loved the pictures to match. You all look great.

Thanks for writing. A very happy birthday to the man of the house!

Love you all. Kathy M.