Oct 22, 2013

60 and one week!!

60 years old.  It hasn't made me get a blog post out any sooner.  Other than that 60 isn't all that bad.

I had a good birthday.  Emily, with Mike's help, put up the decorations for my birthday.  I was really surprised with how much they did.  Emily makes sure that we have balloons.  I think she missed them when we weren't home for Mike's birthday.


We went out to a Chinese restaurant for lunch.  I think we may have finally found our "favorite".  The food here was really good.  It was kind of crowded but that is usually a good sign.

Le Pavillon du Bonheur
Since it was a nice day, not too much sunshine but not cold we decided to drive along the Seine River.  If you have looked at a map you know that we actually live along the Seine.  We drove towards the mouth of the river about 15 km.  Not far, but to a quaint village called La Bouille.  We parked the car and crossed the street to the river.  While we were getting pictures a big tanker came by.  It still surprises me that these big ships can navigate on the river.
See the tanker?

Getting closer. . .

See the little boat between the tanker and us?  It's a car ferry.

Right in front of us

There it goes.




Interesting fence

Details

Cute street


There's our car! (the back one)


We then took a different route home.  Which usually means we are lost but headed in the right direction.  It's interesting to see what you find when you get off the beaten track.
Monument aux morts.  (Monument in honor of the war dead)





Three wars, 1870-1871, 1914 and 1949


The port of Grand-Couronne

Zoomed in (three big ships are in port)

Ended up at home (never really lost).  We had presents and then lemon meringue birthday pie.
"A new pan!"

"Happy birthday, to you"


It would be hard to have a better birthday than that.  I even got to talk to my "girls" although I wasn't expecting to.  GREAT BIRTHDAY!!
60 years doesn't look too bad, does it?

Burnt them all the way down.  We figured we wouldn't be using them again.

2 comments:

Esther said...

So glad you had a good birthday. Am also so happy we got a chance to chat a little on that day. Loved the pictures!

Kathy said...

I kept looking every day to see you posted something about your 60th birthday. Finally, glad to read about your wonderful day. The pictures always make it so interesting. Thanks for posting. Esther and I love reading them and wish they were more often. Love you.
Kathy