After waiting almost two years (since we bought the house) we are excited to have our new bathroom. The bathroom looked nice in the pictures. But the shower was about a foot off of the floor and was very hard to get in and out of and it didn't smell good. We found out later why. More on that later. There were three different kinds of wall coverings and the floor tiles were broken. There were two sinks but for about a year now we have only been able to use one of them. There were a couple more reasons that we convinced us that we would need to change it.
We were finally able to order it in June. We had the same man put the bathroom in that put in the kitchen. He told us that it would take him at least 2 weeks. Because of that we decided to wait until we were in Laon so that we could just stay there and not have to worry about not having a shower for two weeks.
|
|
New bathroom
He started on Tuesday, September 3rd. He ripped out the old bathroom. What a mess. When he got to the shower he found a leak. It had been leaking so long that there were stalactites growing in the shower and the floor under the shower was soaked, hence the smell. Yuck!! He also found that the wall was rotted and had to be changed. |
 |
| Old shower. The wall behind the thing (shower) leaning on it was rotten under the tiles. |
 |
| Old bathroom |
We left the next morning and stayed in Laon until yesterday afternoon. At least Mike and Emily did. I had to make the trip back to pick up some things and take them to Paris. I got here Sunday (8) and left on Tuesday morning. I was so surprised with how much he already had done. He already had the two new walls done and had the floor tiles down except for the grout. And he had started on the wall tiles. By the time I left on Tuesday morning he had the rest of the wall tiles up and had started on the grout.
 |
| After one week of work |
We got home yesterday afternoon and it was DONE!! It is so nice. The shower is big and only about 4-5 inches off the floor. The sinks work and the toilet does too. We got some things back in the bathroom but I still need to arrange things the way I want them.
 |
| Beautiful new bathroom. (We'll paint the pipes) |
 |
| New shower |
 |
| oops! Close your eyes! |
We are already enjoying it and will for a looong time!
2 comments:
Wow what a difference. It looks so fresh and clean!!! I love it!!!
That was a great project to get done. So happy for you.
I'm jealous! My bathroom desperately needs redone, too. It is hard for Dan to get his walker in there.
Happy for you....that you have a new bathroom and don't need a walker. :)
Post a Comment