Sep 11, 2012

Trip to Reims

A week ago we made the trip back to Reims to finish cutting the bushes out behind the house on the street side.  We had another beautiful day.  As we came in to Reims we stopped at a NEW fast food restaurant and bought lunch.  The restaurant has been there for about 2 years but we haven't been in Reims for that long.  We sure did enjoy our first SUBWAY sandwich since we left the US.

Yummy!!
Once we were done with lunch, we got to work on the yard.  It wasn't nearly as hard to do since the bushes aren't as high.  I only had to get up on the ladder in one area of the yard.  While I was cutting those, Mike was cleaning the toilets.  In the time that we haven't lived there, the limestone had really built up in the toilets. 

Finished!!


I was able to see another of our neighbors who had been on vacation two weeks ago when we were in Reims.  It was nice getting caught up on news with them.

We finished up our work early and were able to rest a little while we waited for another real estate agent to come.  While we were waiting a man stopped by and asked Mike where the number 8 is.  We're the number 4.  There are three houses for sale right there, the 4, 6 and 8.  In the end Mike came him a tour of the house.  But we really think he wasn't too interested in the house.
Waiting

Hi Emily!!
The appointment with the new real estate agent was at 4:00.  But when he wasn't there by 4:25  Mike called him.  For some reason he hadn't written down the appointment in his book.  He came right over and went quickly through the house.  He said he would come back the next day to get pictures and do the measurements.  We gave him all of the papers and signed a contract with him for the same lowered price that we had with the other two agencies.

Then we went to the hotel and enjoyed a wonderful relaxing evening letting Emily beat us at UNO.  One time during our game I left to go to the other room and Mike dealt the cards.  When I came back I picked up my cards and they were all Wild or Wild draw four cards.  We laughed and laughed and laughed some more. 
The TGV  (fast train) station just outside our hotel window.  But we never even once heard the train.
 To bring you up to date:  All of this took place on Wednesday and came home on Thursday.  On Saturday afternoon the newest real estate agent called and said that he had a couple that was really interested in the house.  Would we be willing to come down a little in the price.  Mike and I talked it over and decided that we could.   He called back yesterday and said that they will sign the "compromis de vente" (promise of sale?).  We'll receive the papers either Thursday or Friday, sign them and send them back.  All this to say that probably within the next three months (we'll have a date when we get the papers) we will again be the owners of only ONE house. 

Thank you for your prayers.
Thought of Esther.   The only thing missing are the bicycles on top!!

Triplets

Le rondpoint des vaches.   (The cow round about)   Guess why?


3 comments:

Esther said...

Bahahaha...Love the pink car!!! I am so so excited about the house sale. Praying all goes well! Loved all the pictures too!

Esther said...

OH I forgot...cannot believe you have Subway over there now!!!! Amazing!

Kathy said...

I'm sure it was the clean toilets and trimmed bushes that made the difference....and God's perfect timing might have helped, too.

Happy for you.

Kathy