Sep 19, 2012

En attendant (while waiting)

We received a telephone call yesterday morning from the man who will be putting in the kitchen.  He'll come on Monday  (24th) to measure and make sure everything is ready.  He'll also give us the date that he'll come and put in the kitchen.  In the meantime we have kept working.  We finished getting all of the wallpaper off on Monday.  Mike also got all of the primer coat done on the ceiling and the walls.  Emily helped out around the pipes and around the carrelage.  
starting the primer



Primer all done

 
The refrigerator will stay in this corner. 










Yesterday Mike put the final coat of paint on the ceiling and I got the carrelage all washed off (grease and glue from the stripping they had put on behind the counter).  Then we put things back together in there enough to get by for the next couple of weeks, while we wait.  All that we still need to do is the wallpaper and paint around the window.  And that will wait until after the visit on Monday.  We need to have him see the placement of the holes that are in the walls before we can put up the paper. 
We put the old counter top on top of sawhorses so that we could use the burners.

The oven will be in cupboard in the center of this wall.


The wallpaper we're going to put up.  (mossy green color)

41 holes!!  Mike counted them!!
Sunday night none of us slept really well.  Emily came in at 1:00 am and again at 1:45 am.  Each time there was a spider in her room.  Now we're not talking about little spiders.  These are humongous spiders.  This morning we had one in our bathroom so I got a picture of it.  Maybe it will give you an idea of why Emily couldn't sleep because of a spider.  Each time I killed the spider and we went back to bed and to sleep.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Those spiders are nasty...ewwww!!!! I wouldn't be able to sleep either!!! Your kitchen is looking so nice with the primer. I can see how it is still functional the way you have it set up.

Kathy said...

Next project: call an exterminator! My goodness, they are hatching somewhere in the walls or something. I would have a hard time sleeping, too! If they just showed up, I wonder if it has to do with moving around all the kitchen stuff or maybe the season on the year.

Kitchen looking fresh and clean with that new coat of paint. Great job.

Can't wait to see more updates on your latest project.