This week is turning out to be the most beautiful week, weather wise, since we moved in to this house. We took advantage of it and worked out in the yard yesterday and got it looking nice. The first thing we had to do was cut the grass. I'm sure that it hadn't been cut since last summer. It looked awful. Since we didn't have any grass to mow in Reims we had to buy a lawnmower. I was able to get one for half price. It is a small Flymo. It is exactly what we need for this small yard. Yesterday we put it together and then I mowed the grass.
I had to go over it several times because of it being so ong. It is done and looks so nice. While I was cutting the grass, Mike (after taking the pictures :) ) dug a hole for the Lilac bush that we bought for the yard.
Then while we were still outside we dug up some flowers that were dead and planted some lavendar. Eventually I'll plant some bulbs so that next spring we'll have flowers. I also trimmed the rose bush and also the Hydrangea.
 |
| Uh oh!! I see a couple more projects to do: power wash the tile and paint around the window. Anybody want to help? |
 |
| The Hydrangea |
That is all we'll do for right now. I'll plant more flowers for summer time. But that will have to wait until we're sure that Spring is really here.
 |
| The flower box in the kitchen window. |
Have a great Spring everyone!!
2 comments:
I love your little mower...its very French looking!!! Glad you are having some nice spring weather...we are too and we are loving it!
I bet your neighbors are so happy you moved in. Taking care of your new home is a good testimony. Sure wish I could stop over for a visit, but the pictures and descriptions help me enter into your world.
Post a Comment