Oct 22, 2011

One week to go!!

I can't believe that in just a week we will sign on our new house.  We have kept very busy again this week.  On Monday we went and signed on the dotted line with a mover.  We decided to do the work ourselves.  Meaning that in the end we decided to pack the dishes and take apart the furniture that needs taking apart.  Which also means that we will have to unpack everything and put it all back together when we arrive in the new house.  They provide bubble wrap, boxes and tape.  So this week we have been packing the dishes. 

We started with Esther's dishes. Several years ago I was able to "buy" her a set of china dishes by using points that I earned by buying my frozen foods through a delivery service.  It took three boxes to pack it all.  Do you remember what they look like, Esther?

The raclette went to a box too.

Mike had to go and get more bubble wrap because we used it all up in two days.  (I'm sure they are not used to people like me, with so many dishes.) We have packed 19 boxes.  The buffet in the living room is empty!
Pink dishes are being given away.



As are three-quarters of the cupboards in the kitchen.  The other quarter are the food items and some dishes that we are taking to Rouen with us on Friday and a few that we are leaving here for the weekend of the move.

Things that are being taken to Rouen with us for our month there or left here for when we come back for the final move.


We have been dreaming bubble-wrap, tape and boxes.  But we are just about done with that.  The next things on our list will be our clothes, which will go in the suitcases for the most part.  The boxes that we have packed this week have had to stay upstairs.  The garage is just about as full as it can get.  So now we are really living in our move.

While I've been doing the dishes, Mike has been working down in the garage.  He has packed almost everything there is to pack down there.  Today we packed another box of things from the bathroom upstairs.  Can I say it?  . . "there really isn't too much more to pack !" 

Today we emptied out Emily's drawers and armoires.  We packed her clothes in two suitcases.  Actually three, because we will be taking one with us when we leave on Friday.

Our snowman greets you as you come into the garage.  Mike had put him there to get him out of the way.  When I came home from the store there he was.  I laughed and laughed and laughed!!

Have a good Sunday.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You are even smiling as you work hard. Excitement is in the air.

Blessings on your new adventure.

I wouldn't have had enough boxes for you!

Esther said...

MY DISHES and RAQULETTE!!!!! Oh they are beautiful! We're coming, be patient!!!! Love the snowman, he looks like he is ready to move and doesn't want to be left behind! 4 days to go...Sophia is counting down the days but for a different reason :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... Raclette! My mouth waters still when I think about sharing that delicious meal with you. Nothing like it! ~ Faith