Oct 15, 2011

A new year begun

It's all over.   My birthday, that is.  A new year has started in my life.  I had a great day!!  It all started when I came downstairs this morning and found the birthday banner and balloons already in place.  This was a surprise to me since I am the first one up in the morning.  Although, I really shouldn't be too surprised since I am the first one to go to bed at night.
We went out to lunch today to our favorite Chinese restaurant.  It was just as good as what we remembered.  It's always a treat for us.  It's a Chinese buffet style.   But now that we don't eat as much we come away feeling like maybe, just maybe we don't get our money's worth of food when we eat at a buffet.
When we got home we had birthday cake.  No, I didn't have to make my own birthday cake.  In fact we didn't even have birthday cake.  But we did have candles!!  Here are a couple of pictures of my "cake".
Happy birthday to you. . .
 Happy birthday to you.....

Happy birthday, dear Maman.......

Happy birthday to you!!                          My kiwi "cake"!!
Then presents.  Actually it was quite hard to come up with ideas for presents since everything we have is going into a box sooner or later.  But I did have some presents to open.   I got a yogurt maker.  I've been looking at them for quite a while.  We eat a lot of yogurt.  When our girls were small I made my own yogurt.  It is so good.  And a lot cheaper too.

To top off the evening, Mike and Emily fixed our soup for supper.  I didn't have to get out of my chair until supper was on the table.  Talk about being spoiled.
This week has been a week of telephone calls, appointments and paperwork.  Fortunately Mike takes care of all of that.  He has everything ready so that on the 28th we'll have gas, electricity and water in the house.  He took care of the insurance, bank accounts and has already sent in our address change and forwarding address to the PO.  He's so efficient!!  Only one bad thing:   we will be without internet for about 10 days once we get to the new house.  It takes them that long to make the switchover.  Don't ask me why.

Today we packed 5 more boxes.  Each time we pack a box I think to myself (I probably say it outloud too)  "there really isn't too much more to pack".  Monday Mike will be going to the moving company to pick up the boxes for all of the dishes.  After that. . .well. . . there really can't be too much more to pack!!!

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes.  Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Esther said...

What a great day!!!! so happy you had a good relaxing day...well minus the 5 boxes you packed!!! loved the cake :) I'll have to google Yogurt Maker, never heard of it!

Kathy said...

I might have to check into the yogart maker, too. I think my mom has one in her basement. I'll check that, first. :)

Glad you had a nice day. I always love the pictures.

Are you still losing weight or just maintaining?

Wow, 10 days without internet. Might have to take visits to internet cafes to keep us up to date.

Excited that you will finally be in one location and have all your stuff unpacked.

Farrells three said...

Kathy, I'm still losing. Two and half more pounds and I will have lost 50 pounds. It's just a lot slower coming off right now.