This morning we were called in to our realtor's office. They had received an offer for our house!! The house has been on the market for two and a half months and this is the first time we have had an offer.
It all started Wednesday afternoon when a lady called to ask if she could bring a client to visit on Friday. We said that there wouldn't be any problem. So yesterday she came with her clients. I had gone to get gas so I wouldn't be here when they came. I really don't want to meet the people who will be living in OUR house. I'm afraid that I'll always think of this house as "ours". But they were still here! They seemed very interested, not only in our house but also in certain things that we "might" leave in the house. Actually we had planned on taking everything with us so about the only things that we would think of leaving are the curtains since the windows are a different size in the new house.
Last night our agency called and asked us to come in this morning. There really wasn't any explanation about why. But we kind of had an idea. And that's what it was. . .an offer on the house.
The only problem is that the couple offered 15,000 € less than what we were asking. After the realtor gave us all of his reasons for why we should accept the offer (economy, only three visits in three months etc, etc) we made a counter-offer. We should know by this afternoon if the counter-offer is accepted by the couple or not.
We are not worried. We know that the house will sell in HIS time.
I'll keep you posted when I know more. Have a great weekend.
UPDATE!! We got the news this afternoon that our counter-offer was accepted!! The couple will be visiting the house again on Wednesday. They are possibly interested in buying some of the furniture that we can use in our new house. After that visit, we will sign the "compromis de vente" (sorry you'll have to come up with that one on your own. I'm drawing a blank tonight) . Then there can be up to three months before the final signing. Thank you for your prayers.
2 comments:
WOW, how exciting!!!! Praying they like your counter offer and buy the house!!! Love you!
I love watching God work out all the details of your new church, moving, selling, etc. You just keep plodding along faithfully serving Him, and He just keeps on faithfully taking care of you.
What a good God!
Post a Comment