Jan 4, 2017

2016 in review!!

Here is our year in a few pictures.

JANUARY  was our river cruise which I wrote a blog about.

FEBRUARY was a month of contrasts


 

MARCH started out the same as February


We now have 2 cats that drink from our rain "barrel"


APRIL was Easter and BMM conference in LaRodde

Easter 1982 in Scotland on our way to France.

 
Beautiful countryside in LaRodde




Steve and Beth Gault-BMM administrator for Africa and Europe

MAY  and JUNE we were in Bordeaux filling in for the Bixbys

The church is on the bottom and the living quarters on the top


Preaching

Teaching




Our anniversary

Ladies' meeting

I did 2 of them while we were in Bordeaux






We ate lunch at an old relay post on the Chemin de Compostelle

These shells mark the path
A trip to the Atlantic coast


Just before the waves made her sit down!!


Another aspect of filling in 


JULY and we're home!


Making s'mores





AUGUST terrorism strikes close to home



The black of mourning on the city sign!


SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER we were in Brive La Gaillarde filling in for the Allardices

A small group of people who love the Lord




A new Bible

Fall has arrived




NOVEMBER I was in the US

Taking the Greyhound bus from TN to MI

Bus breakdown in Bluffton OH


Finally made it 25 hours after leaving Chattanooga

A visit from some Mr Pleasant friends



What does he have in his hand?


Sunday lunch at Dad's house

A visit with John and Jean

My daddy!

Snow!!


Time to say goodbye.  It was a good two weeks!

I was able to be there for Emma's birthday

Thanksgiving with friends


I got to help pick out the Christmas tree!!

I took a nap and when I woke up it looked like this!!


A trip to the Aquarium


Waiting in the crisp weather for Marc to bring the lunch cooler.


Over a 1000 pictures were taken between our 2 cameras.  It was a very nice aquarium and worth the visit.

 DECEMBER is Christmas

Rock City in GA




Looking over the city of Chattanooga

Seven states can be "seen" from this vantage point








A sleepover at Mamie's "house"  Picnic first

Then games  The cellophane ball game

Then Hot potato

We talked about Christmas traditions and then sang Christmas songs



We made gingerbread houses
And then back to France in time for Christmas

Christmas lunch



Showing off our new scarves

Merry Christmas!!

Our village church with the heavy frost that lasted for 5 days




Our  new year's eve dinner   Cream of celery soup with scallops

 HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017!!

2 comments:

Esther said...

You packed a lot in one year!! Happy New Year!

Kathy said...

Ha. It's March and I just found your "new post". I loved looking at a summary of your pictures for the year. What a great way to remember. Thanks for sharing. Love you, Elva!