Jan 27, 2016

Dinner on the River

For Christmas Mike gave me (us) tickets for a river cruise/dinner.  During the winter they only do them on Sunday.  We had ours this past Sunday.  We didn't really know what to expect.  It was very nice.  We had a good time and ate a delicious meal.

The weather had turned warm after a very cold week.  Which meant that there was fog.  At first we were afraid that we would only see the river and nothing on the banks.  But by the time we left the fog had lifted for the most part and it was nice.

The cruise lasted almost three hours.  We went downriver towards the ocean.  1 1/2 hours down and 1 1/2 hours back.  We travelled mostly through the ports that are on the Seine, including our own port of Grand Couronne.  The scenery was a lot of silos and cranes but there were a lot of interesting things to see too.

Here are some pictures of our river cruise.




Upriver, towards Paris

Downriver towards the ocean.  This is a draw bridge.  The bed of the bridge rises between the pillars.

Raindrops on the window made it hard to get good pictures.  

Under the bridge

Fog on the river


This is our port in Grand Couronne

I thought this was an interesting picture even if it is blurry.  I was on the opposite side of the boat from where the swans were.  The bottles on the table on that side of the boat.

Love the reflection in the water
Through the fog you can see the antenna that is in Les Essarts where we live.
And the food we ate was delicious.  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of our dessert.  I didn't realize I hadn't taken one until I looked at my pictures.








The turn around spot was a very quaint little village.  Along the way back to Rouen we saw some interesting houses a other things along the river.
La Bouille



Château de Robert le diable

Car ferry to cross the Seine unloading

All loaded for the return trip





Fun along the river on a Sunday afternoon









Here are few more pictures  you might like.







2 comments:

Esther said...

Love it!!! Looks so fancy. You got great pictures! What a great present!

Kathy said...

That was a very wonderful present. I would have enjoyed a short trip like that.
Good job, Mike. :) Thanks for updating your blog. :)