Sep 16, 2014

Here and there!!


"Here and there!"  That about wraps up our lives for the past six weeks.  It seeems we have been home a lot but when I look at the pictures I see that we have been out and about too.

Here in Grand Couronne we had our annual bush cutting job.  Ugh.  Since summer had been so wet the bushes really grew.  We took our time doing them.  We had three 5 hour days and three half days (3 hours).  They look so nice when they are done.  I think this will be the last year that we do them ourselves.  Of course, I remember saying that last year too!
Do you think they needed cut?






In August we went to Paris a couple of times.  One Sunday a couple from the church in Reims that we have known for about 25 years came and met us at Paris-Centre church and afterwards we walked to a nearby park and had a picnic.  It was a beautiful day.  One of the few in August that it did not rain.  We had a wonderful time with them and then we each went our own way home.
Gilles and Françoise Morel

At the end of August (29) one of our supporting pastors and his wife and a deacon and his wife were on their way home from a mission trip to South Africa.  They had an 11 hour lay-over in Paris.  We met them at the airport at 5:30 am (remember we live 2 hours from the airport) and gave them a whirlwind visit of Paris.
Breakfast at a sidewalk café outside of Notre Dame

Point in front of Notre Dame from which all road distances are measured.

Shane and Ashley and Pastor Herb and Janet Hunter experiencing the métro Parisien




The Louvre



The following Sunday we went to Caen to celebrate Betty Lacey's retirement from Baptist Mid Missions.  She and her husband Dan, arrived in France in 1969.  Dan passed away in 2007, but Betty has continued to serve in the church that she and Dan brought to self-support just before Dan died.  We were happy to be a part of the celebration!

Mike preached in Caen one Sunday in August  and the other Sunday we went to the church in Vernon.  We ate our picnic lunch beside the Seine river and watched the big boats going out to sea.
Caen



After saying so much about the rainy month of August I should mention that we have not had rain for going on three weeks now.  We have really been enjoying the beautiful sunshine.
Rainy August BBQ
This morning!!


2 comments:

Esther said...

Busy busy. Enjoyed reading about your adventures and seeing pictures!

Kathy said...

Finally! A new post. I look every day. I was so happy to read about what you have been doing and the pictures were great! Thanks for updating your blog. I always am thankful. Love and miss you.

Congrats on the bushes project. You sure know how to work. I don't like to tackle my projects alone so they just don't get done.