Oct 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Another year, another birthday!!  Actually this is one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time.  Why?  I really don't know.  Emily has been in a good mood for the last two days (after several extra hard days).  That always helps. 


On Sunday when we arrived at church Mike and Emily went to the florist shop next door to the church and bought a bouquet of flowers.  Emily insisted on keeping them in her room until yesterday!  I really think that she thought that I didn't know about them.  In the evening, she had Mike hang up the birthday banners.  A tradition that started in 1994 when we had to celebrate Elizabeth's birthday while traveling to Utah in the van.

Monday morning, we had presents.  I received some very nice gifts.  And I received some unexpected gifts.  Emily likes to wrap things.  She wrapped some things that weren't really gifts.  :)  But it makes a birthday interesting.
A keyboard for the i-pad.

A winter coat

We went out for lunch.  We went to the Buffalo Grill.  Emily loves this restaurant.  It is a kind of steak house.  But does not compare to steak houses in the US.  I had BBQ ribs.  Really good! 

I got to talk to Dad on the phone for my birthday.  He even sang to me!!

We don't do birthday cakes.  Instead we had a birthday Tiramisu.  I made a raspberry one.  It was so good.

"Happy birthday to you. . . "



A very nice relaxing birthday.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday. Yay for the ipad keyboard...now you'll be able to type faster :) Love you!