Jul 25, 2012

Sun. . .sand. . .and surf!!

Do you see what I see???  The SUN!!  It has been so rainy since the beginning of June that we were beginning to wonder if we'd ever see the sun and blue sky again.   

We took advantage of it and drove an hour to the city of Deauville.  This is a well known city in France.  Every year the American film festival is held here.  There are a lot of things to see.  We'll go back another time just to sightsee.  But this time we went just for the sun, the sand and the water.
 It was a beautiful day.  We arrived around 2:30 and the tide was in. I had forgotten to check but this time we arrived at the right time.  We found a place on the  beach.  Then Emily and I went in the water.  The water was cold but once we got completely wet we were all right.  I'm still surprised when I taste salt water.  Growing up in Michigan must have something to do with that.

Emily stayed in the water longer than I did.  She'd walk out and then swim back.  She did that for a long time.  I did go back in later to cool off a little.  Fortuntely there was a nice breeze.  The only problem with wind is that sand gets into everything.  I took a bite of a cookie and ended up with sand in my teeth!!
Emily and I played catch on the beach.  She bought this beach volleyball.  It gives her another kind of exercise.  In the picture you'll notice that the tide has gone out quite a bit.

We had a wonderful day.  It was so good to get away from the house.  I think I had cabin fever.  Yesterday I had my check up with the surgeon.  He said that everything is great!!  I could have told him that.  This time around has been so much easier than the first time.

More sunshine the rest of the week is in the forecast.  We'll enjoy it while we have it.



1 comment:

Esther said...

So glad you were able to enjoy the sun and beach!!! Looks like so much fun!!!!