| Happy Birthday Papa!! |
| I wonder what is in the other package? |
| Happy Birthday Maman! |
B Bushes.
This year we had someone to come and cut the bushes. We had them cut down to a more manageable height. It was so nice to sit back and watch someone else do all of the work. It still took the young man and his helper 2 and 1/2 days to cut them and haul the cuttings away. It looks so nice and lets a lot more light in.
| Before |
| Starting the cut! |
| Our car is glad someone else is doing the work! |
| Before |
| Getting there. |
Ballet.
Instead of going to see a Disney on Ice like we have done the last two years, we went to see a ballet. We saw Tchaicovsky's Nutcracker Ballet. It was really good. I don't have any good pictures because they wouldn't let my camera in and my cell phone doesn't take pictures in that lighting.
![]() |
| Cell phone pictures. |
C Cataract
Mike had cataracts on both eyes. On October 13 he had his right eye done and the second eye was done on October 27. He can see without his glasses. Although he will need to have glasses to read and to have a completely clear vision for distance. Emily and I are still getting used to seeing him with glasses.
D Duty
We had to have our passports renewed. While we were in the States this summer we got out pictures done at Walmart. This time we filled out all of the paper work on Internet and sent in the old passports and the check, of course. Online they said to expect them in 6 weeks. They arrived in a week right to our mailbox. So nice. I remember when we had to go to the embassy in Paris, go to a different place to get our picture done then back to the embassy to get the papers filled out and then wait for the paper so that we could go back to the embassy to pick up the passports. Times have changed.
Decorations.
We have been, since the beginning of October, enjoying our Fall decorations. A few in the house and even some outside the front door. I love Fall. This year the colors have been unusually pretty.
E Eat
I think we are in a rut. For our birthdays we went out to eat, like usual. We went to our favorite Chinese place for Mike's birthday, like usual. And we went to our favorite Couscous place for my birthday, like usual!
| Couscousier--Vegetables in the bottom, semoule in the top |
| I can't believe I ate the whole thing! |
F Flowers
I had a surprise for my birthday. The doorbell rang and when I answered it there was a delivery of a beautiful flower arrangement. Mike, just having had cataract surgery, couldn't go out to get flowers so he ordered them on internet and had them delivered. They were beautiful and we enjoyed them for three weeks.
Even though we have had an unusally warm fall, on my birthday, we had a fire in the fireplace. It was so nice just to relax in front of the fire.
.
.
.
R Roof
After our heat wave this summer, we noticed that the veranda had several leaks. Fortunately nothing got ruined from the leaks. We knew we had to get it repaired since we live in Normandy. There is a saying here that says "En normandie, on n'aime pas la pluie. On l'adore!" (In Normandy, we don't like rain, We LOVE it!) A week or so ago they came and changed the panels of polycarbonate. Since then we have NO leaks!! Of course we haven't had much rain either. But it will come I am sure.
| Before |
| Water accumulation |
| Before and after |
| After! No leaks, no buckets. |



1 comment:
I enjoyed your new post! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings.
Post a Comment