Friday we spent the day doing something that we hadn't planned at all to do. Thursday we ordered a shed for the yard. We needed some extra outdoor storage and found one on sale on internet. It was too good of a deal to pass up. So we ordered it.
Friday morning at 8:00, the telephone rings. It is the delivery company asking if they could deliver it that morning. I said "Sure". Then I panicked. We didn't have the spot ready for it. Where were we going to put it?
Mike and I went outside and started cleaning the spot where we decided to put it. We had to pull up two bushes. One was a breeze. The other one was alot harder. We got it pulled up and the ground smoothed out just as the delivery truck pulled up.
He unloaded it into the front yard. We opened it to check for damage (something that they make you do here in France) and got to work. All of the big pieces were there: check! All of the smaller pieces were there: check! All of the smallest pîeces were there: check! All of the screws (200) were there: check!!
 |
| Bottom frame and floor in place!! |
 |
| Checking out the next step. |
We started putting it together around 10:00. Took the time to eat lunch and finished at 5:45pm. Not too bad especially when you take into consideration that every single screw was screwed in by hand!! No electric screwdriver. (That's when I wish dad lived close by).
 |
| This is how much we got done before lunch. And the door is ready to go on. |
It is small but will do the trick. We put together three metal shelving units to put in there (more screws) and have already moved some of the stuff from the veranda and the garage out to the shed. We're pretty proud of ourselves.
 |
| The roof is ready. |
|
And the final product . . . drumroll please!!!
 |
| Cute, isn't it? |
 |
| Finished!! And before it got dark!! |
 |
| The picture is grainy because there isn't as much light out. |
 |
| Nope. There isn't a light inside. The light is reflecting from Emily's bedroom window. |
Sore hands (too many screws), sore muscles (too many ups and downs to and from the ground and on and off the ladder), sore backs (too old) = A job well done (even if I do say so myself!!)!!
A bientôt!!
3 comments:
I'm VERY impressed!!!!
So glad you found a shed to give you extra storage..I knew you needed it!!! You continue to amaze me with what you can do. Great Job!!!
Amazing is exactly the word I was going to use, Esther. You two are a powerhouse team. I need to tackle an impossible job around here just to say, "I did it!"
A job well done! Cute shed, too.
Bravo.
On next year's Christmas list: Electric Screwdriver! 200+ screws?! Nice work!
Post a Comment